Guys, I think I’m finally ready to admit that it’s fall. I went on my last run of the summer yesterday and said my goodbyes. Yeah, I know that technically summer ended 33 days ago, but I operate on my own schedule and any day when I can squeeze even the beginning of a post-work run into daylight hours still counts as summer. I think yesterday was the last of those outings for now. The majority of 6.5 miles might have been in darkness, but I got a little bit of sunny, scrambling, trail running in and it was lovely.
And now, on *my* first day of Fall 2011, I feel like celebrating some of the stuff I’m looking forward to in the near future.
– Planning the majority of my outfits between now and approximately May around how often I can wear the best boots ever, aka the smartest purchase I made last year. Mine are cherry brown and beautiful.
– Sweater dresses for daytime. Slanket(s) for nighttime. Sometimes both at the same time.
– The countdown to EGGNOG LATTE SEASON.
– Going home for Thanksgiving and getting out here.
– Which will make me feel a little less guilty about eating like this.
– Soup. So much soup. I made this roasted vegetable soup tonight for dinner. It went kinda like this.
You know how food just tastes better outside, like when you’re camping or at the beach or a barbecue? For me, beer always tastes best when I’m cooking.
Then I cut up and roasted a whole mess of vegetables.
In the end, it looked like this.
Next up, I’ll be trying my hand at this recipe. Its creator is a super neato chick whose food photos are precisely what I wish mine were in real life and not just in my head – gorgeous and simple.
2011, you have been a wonder and a joy from the moment we met. Let’s really live it up these next two months before I have to say what is going to be a very difficult goodbye to you.